A Cutting-Edge Production Suite Plus
This software update makes the legendary AKAI MPC recording system available to anyone that uses any MIDI controllers such as those from M-Audio, Native Instruments, Alesis, Novation, etc. You no longer need to own any MPC hardware to use the amazing MPC software on Mac or PC.
AKAI Professional announce MPC 2.2 software. Whether you’re seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software 2.2 grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
Redefining the creative vista and driving MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller mode is Akai Professional’s reimagined MPC Software 2.2; a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more.
The new 2.2 update introduces a number of powerful production and performance features, including: Global MIDI Learn functionality - MPC’s desktop software can now be controlled by any external MIDI control surface including keyboards & pad controllers; Project MIDI Learn functionality – now MPC standalone and desktop software’s automatable parameters can be controlled by external MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards, pad controllers & MIDI mixers; Humanising functionality allowing users to randomize the timing or velocity of MIDI events for a truly natural, organic production experience; and, Random Event Generation, that when activated adds random melodic patterns and drum beats – the ultimate experimental and inspiring solution to spark new ideas or take productions to never before chartered heights.
The 2.2 desktop software and firmware upgrade is available now as a free download at akaipro.com for all registered MPC Live and MPC X owners.
- MIDI Learn Global - The MPC desktop software can now be controlled by external MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards and pad controllers. Once configured as a Global MIDI Learn template, its assignments and the Enable On/Off will persist so that each time the MPC application is opened, saved controller assignments will instantly be ready to be used.
- MIDI Learn Project - The MPC standalone and desktop software’s automatable parameters can now be controlled by external MIDI control surfaces such as keyboards, pad controllers and MIDI mixers.
- Humanize – Users can now randomize the timing or velocity of MIDI events.
- Generate Random Events - MPC can now generate random melodic patterns and drum beats
- MPC X and MPC Live can now load a user template project from the Launch page.
Additional Content and More :
This release includes MVP content, a collection of 10 MPC expansion packs from AKAI and 4 plugins for the MPC and the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete : -
AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete:
- The Vault
- Hook City Trap n B Edition
- Sound Mob
- Vegas Festival
- Melodic Horizon
- Urban Roulette
- Elements of UK Dance
- Elements of UK House
- Elements of Dystopia
- Elements of 2 Step and Garage
- The Noise
- The Wub
- The Bank
Furthermore you get AKAI's VIP 3.1 Standard
- Controller Mode: Mac OS X 10.10.5 or newer
- Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
- Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB+ for all content)
- Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended)
- Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU
You may download a 7-day trial version of the MPC software from the links below:
Choose your prefered Platform: