Virtual Mix Room over Headphones
Waves Nx is a virtual monitoring plugin that simulates the ideal acoustics of a high-end mix room – inside your headphones.
Powered by Waves’ groundbreaking Nx technology, Waves Nx lets you hear, on headphones, the same natural depth, natural reflections, and panoramic stereo image you would be hearing from speakers in an actual room.
Waves Nx turns your headphones into a more reliable mixing and monitoring tool by letting you hear everything with real-world dimension, rather than flat in your head. Insert the plugin on your master buss, and hear all the elements of your mix accurately laid out in space, just as you would in the sweet spot of a great-sounding professional mix room.
Waves Nx finally bridges the gap between monitoring on speakers and monitoring on headphones. By letting you hear the depth and stereo spread you would be hearing on external monitors, Nx gives you an accurate representation of how your headphone mix will translate to loudspeakers. By delivering the natural listening experience of a physical room, Waves Nx also makes the headphone experience more comfortable and ear-friendly over long periods of time.
Want to mix for 5.1 or 5.0 surround on your regular stereo headphones? Waves Nx lets you do exactly that – a true revolution in the world of surround mixing.
Best of all: Waves Nx does all this without coloring your sound. What you hear is your mix, exactly the way you want it to sound – only now you have a more accurate way to monitor it on headphones.
Use Waves Nx with real-time head tracking – taking advantage of your computer’s camera or the Nx Head Tracker unit and enjoy the enhanced realism of being in the Virtual Mix Room, anywhere and everywhere you go.
Nx Virtual Mix Room now comes with a Headphone EQ calibration feature, allowing you to select a correction EQ curve for specific headphone models. Based on precision headphone measurement data provided by www.headphone.com, the Nx EQ curves are designed to balance out any extreme features in the frequency response, correcting them toward a common frequency balance and providing a more transparent starting point for monitoring and mixing.
- Get the ideal acoustics of a top mix room, inside your headphones
- Accurately judge mix depth, balance and panning over headphones
- Transparent sound that preserves your original tone
- Mix for 5.1 and 5.0 surround on your regular stereo headphones
- Personalize the plugin to your individual head measurements
- Use Nx with real-time head tracking for enhanced realism
- EQ calibration available for following headphone models - Audeze EL-8 (Closed-Back)- Audeze iSINE 20 - Audeze SINE - Audio-Technica ATH-M50x - AKG K-702 - Beyerdynamic DT-880 (250 ohm) - Beyerdynamic DT-990 (250 ohm) - Sennheiser HD-280 - ProSennheiser HD-600 - Sennheiser HD-800 - Shure SRH-440 - Sony MDR-7506
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 or equivalent
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 SP1 or higher
- AAX Native, VST3 host
- Intel Processor Core Duo 2.3Ghz
- 4 GB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- AAX Native, VST3, Audio Units host
All Waves demo licenses run for 7 days and require activation on a computer or USB flash drive.
The demo period begins once you activate the license.
Get your Waves plug-in demo
Choose your prefered Platform: