A Cutting-Edge Production Suite Plus
Redefining the creative vista and driving MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller mode is AKAI Professional’s reimagined MPC Software; a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more.
Whether you’re seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
The latest release includes: -
AIR VOCAL SUITE
Record and mix the perfect vocals right in the MPC. Whether on standalone devices or in the MPC desktop software, the AIR Vocal Insert Effects Suite delivers the modern vocal production tools featured across all contemporary music. From Rap to Pop and R&B and beyond, this vocal plugin collection is an essential toolkit with popular pitch and harmonic effects like those used by top music producers and mix engineers around the world.
For music production that pushes the boundaries of genre and style, you need more than just sounds and drum samples. AIR Stutter and Granulator are just part of the 7 additions to the AIR Insert Effects library for creating dynamic song arrangements and transition FX. Create exciting beat drops, climactic song bridges, unique sound design and more with the new AIR Insert Effects Plugins.
MPC PLUGIN INSTRUMENTS
MPC expands the included content with 4 Plugin instruments for a diverse set of inspiring sounds. These new plugin instruments include AIR Hype: a powerful synthesizer instrument, AIR Mellotron: a faithful recreation of a legendary tape-based sampling keyboard. AIR Solina: based on the classic string synthesizer keyboard, and WayOutWare Odyssey—a faithful recreation of the all-time favorite analogue duophonic synth with added extensive control. These powerful instruments aren’t just basic emulations of iconic analogue synthesizers, but interactive sound engines with built-in processing and controls for experimenting and creating inventive sounds.
USB AUDIO INTERFACE SUPPORT
MPC standalone devices feature support for class compliant audio interface devices for expanded audio input and output. Connect your favorite class compliant audio interface for up to 32 inputs and outputs. Route audio to your favorite outboard gear for analog processing or record live drums and create your own breakbeats and loops right on your MPC One, MPC Live II and MPCX. Support for plug and play audio interface devices expands the standalone power of MPC, making it the very center of all your recording studio setup.
DRUM & KEYGROUP ENGINE UPDATES
The MPC Drum Program and Keygroup engines are enhanced for more creativity and on-the-fly performance effects. Akai Sample Tail adds a natural decay to samples, eliminating abrupt chops and clip noises. Keygroup Programs have a Portamento feature for smooth note slides as well as achieving the ubiquitous 808 kick drum glide sound of contemporary music production. The Drum Programs also have 12 plugin effects, some including RingMode, BitCrush and Bass Enhancer, that are great for real-time processing and the spontaneous manipulation of drum samples.
MPC has its most efficient workflow ever. Finding samples is lightning fast with new Recursive Search which digs deep into all folders and matches the search terms. With Key Detection, MPC will automatically detect the key of the imported sample, saving you time previously spent on randomly guessing and clicking piano roll notes. Browse and search through MPC Plugin Instrument presets right from the File, Media and TUI browsers for a super convenient way to find and select instrument Presets. Create and save custom effects chains with the FX Racks function, enabling quick access to frequently used audio processing plugins without interrupting the creative flow.
- MPC Software
- 128 track production suite
- DAW integration
- Crossfade Looper
- Open ended supported for all MIDI controllers
- Real time stretch and pitch shift
- MIDI control and advanced editing functionalities
- 10 additional MPC expansion Packs
- AKAI's VIP 3.1 software
- AIR Music Technology's full AIEP 3 Complete plugin suite (Velvet, Transfuser, Hybrid 3, etc)
- AIR TubeSynth, AIR Bassline, AIR Electric, AIR HYPE Synthesizer, AIR Mellotron, AIR Solina, AIR Drumsynth, WayOutWare Odyssey
- 16 Classic AIR effects from Pro Tools
- 12 AIR plugins - AIR Vocal Insert Effects Suite, AIR Half Speed, AIR Stutter, AIR Diode Clipper, AIR Limiter, AKAI Sample Delay, AKAI Granulator specifically written for MPC
- Mother Ducker sidechain effect
- And much more
Additional Content and More :
AKAI's VIP 3.1 standard software, AIR Music Technology's full AIEP 3 Complete suite of plug-ins (Velvet, Transfuser, Hybrid 3, etc), MPC Expansions, and 3 new exclusive to MPC AIR virtual instruments are also provided: -
AIR Music Tech
Please see respective product pages for plug-ins, for their system requirements.
- MPC 2.10 Desktop Software is now compatible with macOS Big Sur. It runs on macs with Apple Silicon under Rosetta 2.
- MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live MKII, MPC One and MPC Studio Black are also now compatible with macOS Big Sur and M1 Macs.
- The MPC 2.10 desktop software includes MIDI maps for popular Ableton, Arturia, Korg, M-Audio and Native Instruments controllers.
- Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
- Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB+ for all content)
- Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended)
- Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU
You may download a 7-day trial version of the MPC software from the AKAI MPC Software Website