Transform Your Input and Perform Your Sound Design
Krotos Audio, the company behind the innovative Dehumaniser, Reformer and Weaponiser product range, are pleased to announce the new and improved Reformer Pro – further unleashing audio professionals from the shackles of their mouse and keyboard, allowing them to design, automate and perform any sound effect in real-time, like never before.
In addition to a variety of significant new features and improvements, Reformer Pro now utilises the world’s first Dynamic Input technology, taking procedural, sample-based audio processing to new heights and into previously un-explored territory.
Reformer Pro allows sound designers, producers, musicians and performers to design, automate and perform any sound in real-time, like never before.
Whether you already hear the sound in your mind, or you’re looking to experiment and search for the never-before-heard, Reformer Pro gives you powerful sonic tools to bring your sound to life.
Reformer Pro also includes a 3.82GB library suite absolutely free (a total value of $500). This is the ultimate Krotos collection for high quality and versitile sound design. Get the full Krotos Reformer Library experience in one package and explore all the SFX libraries at an unbeatable price. Choose from more than 1,100 files of ready-to-use, high-end sound effects, curated and recorded by our fantastic team of sound designers.
Overview of Reformer Pro
After launching in October 2017, the first version of Reformer Pro offered users up to four sound libraries, an intuitive, tactile X/Y pad and customized response times for each source, tweaking playback speed and volumes to taste.
Krotos founder Orfeas Boteas comments: “Reformer Pro uses artificial intelligence and advanced signal analysis to allow you to perform sound effects with your voice or any other audio input. The software profiles the input sound in real-time, and then drawing from a palette of user-selected library sounds, uses that profile to sculpt a new sound effect. With this latest update, we are very excited to be unveiling the world’s first Dynamic Input technology, offering users a whole new way of interacting with their libraries, enabling them to perform them like instruments using the UI, automation, or MIDI.”
Colin Anderson, Managing Director for Denki believes that “What Krotos have achieved with Reformer Pro is easily the most exciting step forward in interactive sound design I’ve seen since the 90’s.”
Although Reformer Pro’s innovative Analysis Tool lets users analyse their own sound libraries, Krotos has also released a growing collection of custom sound effects libraries, partnering with the likes of BOOM Library and SoundBitsto make over 100 libraries categorised into Animals, Electronic, Foley, Mechanical, Sound Design and Bundle options. BOOM creative director Axel Rohrbach said, “Reformer Pro is a very inspiring and fun way to use sound libraries. It easily and smoothly blends audio material.”
The latest update to Reformer Pro takes a giant leap into the future, allowing users to perform and shape sound like never before.
The World’s First Dynamic Input – create dynamic sound design without an audio input, use automation or midi to control your libraries, trigger transients directly, based on frequency via velocity-sensitive midi input, switch between an audio input and Dynamic Input for different ways of interacting with your own libraries, add variation quickly and easily, create constantly evolving sounds using ‘continuous mode’ (perfect for environmental effects or electronic textures) and combine with Extended Library View for a comprehensive range of results from a single library.
Shape Sound Like Never Before
You do your best sound design work when you can manifest what you hear in your mind. Reformer Pro offers a whole new way of interacting with sound.
- Analyse sound libraries with the Analysis Tool.
- Perform sounds in real-time via the world’s first Dynamic Input – using a microphone, MIDI or directly from the UI.
- Replace or add texture to pre-recorded audio in your DAW.
- Automate your audio directly from the timeline.
- Select or mute any sound from within your libraries.
- Perform impacts and add extra definition using the unique Transient Engine.
- Create constantly evolving soundscapes and variations.
What's New in Reformer Pro :
- Extended Library View - refinement of the results you hear from any library, precise control over each voice’s selection, and sample previewing and muting.
- Transient Engine - perform impacts and drum hits with a live audio input in real-time or any audio file in your DAW, add extra definition, layer multiple transients using two or more voices, trigger based on amplitude threshold and response, mix between transient and ‘classic’ Reformer Pro engines, tightly control transient playback using attack and release, and use the Extended Library View to select/deselect transient material from a library.
- Significant improvements in workflow and audio processing quality.
System Requirements & Compatibility :
- Mac Intel computer with a minimum of 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- OS X 10.9 or later
- 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- Windows 7 or later
- This software is a digital download
- Formats (32-bit and 64-bit): AAX Native/AudioSuite, VST, AU
- Minimum sample rate: 44.1 kHz
- Maximum sample rate: 192 kHz
- RTAS is not supported
- An iLok account (available for free at ilok.com) is required to activate and use the software
- An iLok 2 or later is required for dongle use
- Pro Tools (10.3.5 and above), Reaper, Logic Pro X, Nuendo (7 and above), Cubase (8 and above) and Ableton Live (9 and above)
Demo Version :
A free 10-day trial license (iLok-based) for Reformer Pro can be obtained HERE