Make your Music flow with ALK2's unique Looper and Sequencer
ALK2 is a unique cross between a sequencer and a looper. Like a traditional looper, clips are performed live and subsequently looped to create layers of sound. Like in a sequencer, the loops can be drawn, moved, copied, cut and pasted in a musical arrangement.
When itís time to perform the song, ALK will follow your arrangement, pressing the necessary virtual pedals to arm channels, trigger effects, and record and play loops at the right time.
Freeing you to do what you do best: perform.
With traditional loopers, itís easy to get caught in an endless stack of loops that go nowhere, and eventually collapse under their own sheer weight and tedium. With ALK2, you can create dextrous transitions between different chord changes and musical sections, keeping your tracks light, fresh, and engaging throughout.
There are a host of innovative features that give you amazing, granular control of your sound - without distracting you with minutia.
- ALK2 has a arranged live-looping workflow. ALK allows quick and easy arrangement of where you want to perform live, using Record Loops, and where you want it to play back, using Play Loops. Build up your song structures in minutes!
- Its loop sequence view lets you take in your entire arrangement at a glance. You ca break away from endlessly layered loops and create structures: verses, choruses, b-sections and solos.
- MIDI looping is supported out of the box, giving you the ability to create loops using your entire array of software synths and beat machines. Adjust the tightness of your groove on the fly using ALK2ís elastic quantize feature, simply by turning a dial.
- Symmetric Routing is ALK2ís answer to traditional mixer channels and effects sends/returns. Any track (audio or MIDI) can act as a mixer or group, and an effect send simply becomes a regular output!
- There is support for all VST/AudioUnit effects and instruments allowing you to live loop with all your signature sounds. Plugins can be automated from the arrangement, or controlled with your favorite MIDI controller.
- ALK2ís Magnetic Note Repeat automatically smooths out notes triggered off-grid, easing them gradually into lockstep. Perfect for laying out a four-on-the-floor kick drum or eighth-note hi-hat pattern on the fly.
- You can draw accurate automation using intuitive trackpad gestures. Using a combination of mouse position, horizontal and vertical swipe gestures, and rotation gestures, you can control the shape of your curve. Adding control points for more precision is as easy as clicking within the region.
- ALK2's approach to performed automation, like filter or reverb sweeps, is to treat the knob, pad, or pedal as an instrument in its own right: on its own track. Routings are dynamic and can be changed over a song or set, so a single knob could control a filter sweep in one song, and a reverb sweep in the next.
- With ALK2's panic features, you don't need to worry about making the occasional mistake. Through a click of a pedal, you can have a perfectly played reference version of the loop replace it - useful for when you absolutely need the song to progress.
- With hover auditioning, changing sounds is as easy as hovering the mouse over the track in question. However, it's still possible to leave monitoring on or off by switching to manual auditioning in the track's context menu.
System Requirements & Compatibility :
Minimum Macintosh System Requirements (ALK2 is Macintosh only for the moment)
- Requires macOS Yosemite (10.10) or higher
- AU/VST format 32/64-bit architecture supported
- Intel Mac
- Screen resolution at least 1024x768, recommended 1440x852 or higher
- Any audio interface supporting Mac OS X
- Authorization support for 5 computers with single license
Download your 30-day demo version of ALK2 here
Choose your prefered Platform: