A flexible multi-band dynamics processor
The NR800 is a real-time noise reduction processor, useful for music production, post production, and live sound.
The NR800 operates with no internal latency, and does not contaminate the original source material with artifacts such as those found by noise reduction plug-ins that utilize transform-based processing.
The NR800 operates on mostly broad band frequencies, but can also be focused in a narrow portion of the frequency spectrum using noise reduction focus points. A set of input filters and be configured with slopes up to 36 dB/Oct, and can be set at frequencies independent of noise reduction focus points.
Several noise reduction modes (NR Mode) are available to provide a range of smooth to aggressive noise reduction amounts. A Range control can be used to scale the overall noise reduction from 100% to 0% (off). A 'x2' mode will also double the noise reduction amounts in all bands, when less finely tuned adjustment is needed, or when noise problems are severe. The Response time controls how fast the noise reduction recovers from a 'noise event'. An NR Bias selector allows different noise reduction amounts to be activated when 'snapping' the noise reduction gain and thresholds to the input signal.
Each of the 8 bands in the NR800 has a noise reduction amount fader and noise detection threshold marker, and the usual McDSP linking control capabilities from a master (M) and linked (L) control button paradigm. Each band may also be individually bypassed or soloed to audition incoming noise amounts.
- HPF and LPF pre-filtering
- Eight bands of focusable noise reduction
- Noise reductions modes and noise reduction bias
- Snap Gain and Snap Threshold for fast setup
- Overall noise reduction range and response control
- McDSP Emmy Award-winning engineering
System Requirements and Compatibility :
An iLok account is required to authorize McDSP products. McDSP plug-ins require an iLok2 USB Smart Key for authorization. (iLok keys can be purchased from https://www.ilok.com/!#buy or at your local dealer).
- McDSP AAX plug-ins support Pro Tools 10.3.8 or later, 11.1.3 or later, and Pro Tools 12.x or later.
- AAX DSP (32/64-bit), AAX Native (32/64-bit), Audiosuite, AU (64-bit), VST (64-bit) plug-in formats supported.
- McDSP plug-ins support Mac OS 10.7.2 or later
- Windows 7, 8, and 10 supported
PLEASE NOTE: Demo's will operate for 14 days from first use.
Requires an iLok account
"Download the demo of NR800"
Choose your prefered Platform: