A new paradigm in sampled electric basses
The BBassV Electric Bass comes after several years of R&D and Chocolate Audio has set a new benchmark in terms of playability and sound.
This virtual instrument is derived from a Yamaha BB415 5-string electric bass, one of the few "non-classics" instruments because it has tons of character.
The concept behind the BBassV is to make playing a bass line via a MIDI keyboard simple again. Gone are the days when you need to learn by heart tons of playing techniques to craft a convincing track. With BBassV you don't run the risk of losing your creativity energy and musicality inspiration while working.
Three main articulations allow you to switch on the fly between Fingered (C0 via MIDI), Mute (D0) and Harmonics (E0).
BBassV sports three main Playback behaviors: Poly, which gives you the chance to easily play polyphonic bass lines, Mono, where each note triggers full sustain samples with intelligent auto-fretting and Legato, which enables the advanced legato and slide engine.
The Slide engine is the door to the life-like slide-to articulation: just play on the MIDI keyboard with two consecutive notes spread more than 3 semitones and making the second overlap the first and the magic happens.
Fretting is often overlooked in this type of instrument. It is one of the main reasons the same bass can sound very different when played by different players. Fretting is given special attention in the BBassV and goes a long way into making it even more life-like.
The Dynamics Diagram and editor will allow to switch On and Off any of the 4 sampled Sustain Dynamics + Ghost notes and set the Velocity values switching between these.
The EFX section has been tailored to the needs of the electric bass and made simpler and more effective (pun intended) at the same time. This is for quick and dirty tone-mangling, like the one a bass player would do with his own amps and pedals. Simple and powerful.
Compressor and Distortion pedals are followed by an Amp Emulator (use it to get crunchy tones) There is a custom IR Cabinet section), a 3-Band EQ explicitly fine-tuned for bass-heavy signals, and a modulation section with a choice of Chorus, Phaser or Flanger and a Delay section.
The Cab section shines with 172 custom cabinet + mic combination IRs we created on purpose for this instrument, using top of the shelf cabinets and mics placed in a pro studio with Neve, API and SSL mic preamps and EQs.
- 964 MB (lossless compressed) library size, 6517 samples
- Samples are looped after roughly 6 seconds to save on RAM
- 4 sustaining dynamic layers, chromatically sampled
- 4 round robins for each note/dynamic
- All 5 Strings sampled in their length
- 8 release trails layers for each note/string
- Fingered, Fingered Mute and Harmonics main articulations
- Sampled with a Millennia DI preamps fed direct into Apogee converters
- Ease of use thanks to our custom advanced scripting
- Recorded at 24 bit / 96 KHz, released at 24 bit / 44.1 KHz
- Easy-to-use effects section for extreme sound-mangling
- 5 Bass Cabinets: Ampeg 6 x 10", Ashdown 1 x 15", Ashdown 2 x 10", Hartke 4 x 10" and Mesa Boogie 4 x 10"
System Requirements :
- AAX, VST3, RTAS, Audio Unit host application
- 2 GB Ram (more if in need of loading more sample sets)
- Works as stand-alone, AAX, RTAS, AU and VST for Mac and PC
- Core2Duo or equivalent Mac or PC
- Kontakt Retail Version: v. 5.5.2 or newer
- MIDI Keyboard
Choose your prefered Platform: