The Definitive Yamaha CP80 Emulation
Sampled from a Yamaha CP80 compact electric grand, the Model 80 is a work of love and an homage to the sound that defined an era.
The electric piano was properly restored and tuned before being sampled. Special care was taken in recreating the characteristic edgy sound of the middle registers, the shallow tone of the lows and the stingy highs.
Maintaining a superb sound quality was Chocolate Audio's goal and it was difficult to achieve. The onboard electronics are noisy and the piano picks up a lot of ambient noise even if itís electric (imagine a guitar with 88 strings and a pick-up for each single string!). Through their attention to detail and dedication, both in restoring, preparing, tuning and sampling this amazing piece of technical excellence, they managed to capture what they believe is the best rendition of this classic compact electric grand piano.
Chocolate Audio's approach to sampled Instruments is to let the musician in you create, free of technical hassles. You just play. The learning-curve was reduces to a minimum, this is always a priority when they design their Instruments. But if you want to customise and refine the sound to the upmost, their multi-layer user interfaces allow for it, giving you the best of both worlds.
The onboard effects don't require a degree in audio-engineering to make the best out of them. Just select one of the 23 main Presets and fine tune it using a few carefully selected parameters. The Compressor & Tape Emulation section, usually hard to grasp for the non expert in audio tweaking feature no less than 22 presets with a simple amount knob to adjust to your taste. Add to this 101 IR custom Reverbs, sampled especially for Chocolate Audio products.
- 2.26 GB (lossless compressed) library size, 1933 samples
- 12 sustaining dynamic layers, chromatically sampled
- 9 release trails layers, chromatically sampled
- Independently controllable sustain pedal resonances
- Key release noise for added authenticity
- Sustain pedal down and up noise layers
- A superb rendition of the Yamaha CP80 compact electric grand piano
- Sampled direct from the output to a Millennia preamp and Apogee converter
- All of the details of the piano recreated through the use of our custom advanced scripting
- Recorded at 24 bit / 96 KHz, released at 24 bit / 44.1 KHz
- Dry recordings allows for maximum flexibility and sound design, either using Kontakt's own effect or your choice of third party plug-ins
- User Interface can be customised to the users needs
- Velocity curve management
- Piano tone control, makes the piano sound softer or harder according to your playing style
- Custom touch response control: set at minimum you'll get the full sound of the piano with added latency (good for mixing), at higher levels cuts more and more into the piano pre attack portion allowing for very low perceived latency when needed (good for tracking and live playing)
- Fine tuned three band EQ for each channel
- Many underlying features used to make the piano true to the original (life like repedaling, release trails attenuation, intelligent attenuation of each single dynamic layer for maximum dynamic response...)
- Master realism control and specific control over release trails, key off, resonances and pedal noise levels
- Envelope controls
- 101 custom, high quality IR reverbs
- 22 compressor + tape presets
- 23 factory presets
- Works as standalone, AAX, RTAS, AU and VST for Mac and PC
System Requirements :
- AAX, VST3, RTAS, Audio Unit host application
- 4 GB Ram (more if in need of loading more sample sets)
- Works as stand-alone, AAX, RTAS, AU and VST for Mac and PC
- Core2Duo or equivalent Mac or PC
- Kontakt Retail Version: v. 5.5.2 or newer
- MIDI Keyboard
Choose your prefered Platform: