Two complete Concert Hall Classical Harps
Glissando Concert Harp features a Camac and a Salvi 47-string Concert Harps sampled in full detail. Each Harp was sampled in a different venue and with different setups in order to augment flexibility and usage scenarios.
The very reason Chocolate Audio embarked on sampling a concert harp in 2012 was to achieve a flexibility never heard before with sampled harps. The sound of the harp is unmistakably linked to the Glissando technique, where the harpist runs her/his fingers through the strings creating a dreamy and catchy sound unique to the harp.
Their Glissando engine lets you play Glissandos at any speed, in any tonal center and setting playable on a real harp, in any tuning, any scale, any chord.
When using the Glissando Mode you're left with only the white keys (as the harp features 7 strings per octave) and change the tuning of each string by switching the positions of the Pedals via MIDI or GUI.
Chocolate Audio created a selection of the most used tunings in the section on the right to give you a quick way to get the Glissando you want.
- 2 fully sampled Harps
- Small room and large concert like recording venue harps
- 19.3 GB of compressed samples content (54 GB uncompressed)
- 27556 samples used
- Microphones used to sample: Stereo AB with Schoeps CMC6 mics and MidSide Stereo with Neumann and Royer mics, 8 microphone sets, including ribbons, tube and Decca tree
- Sampled in full detail: up to 6016 samples per articulation and up to 4 round robin
- Pizzicato sampled with 3 or 4 dynamic layers
- Recorded in a warm sounding mid-size room + large and lively studio to widen the potential applications
- 23 Articulations
- The mixer module allows you to balance the mics and apply effects like Delay, EQ, Compression, Distortion and Amp/Cab
- The IR Reverb module in their engine currently features 39 unique proprietary impulse responses
- Up to 3 types of release samples
- Independent management of the instrument's resonances
- Warm and precise sound, recorded through Millennia, Neve and Heritage Audio preamps and Apogee Symphony converters
- Advanced management thanks to our custom advanced scripting engine
- Recorded at 24 bit / 96 KHz, released at 24 bit / 44.1 KHz
Key Points and System Requirements :
- This Instrument requires the FULL RETAIL VERSION OF NI KONTAKT 5.5.2 or higher
- This Instrument DOES NOT WORK with the Free Kontakt Player
- This Instrument may be acquired only in downloadable format, download size is about 4 Gigabytes, so expect longer download times on slower connections
- An AAX, VST3, RTAS, Audio Unit host application
- 4 GB Ram (more if in need of loading more sample sets)
- Works as standalone, AAX, RTAS, AU and VST for Mac and PC
- Core2Duo or equivalent Mac or PC
- Kontakt Retail Version: v. 5.5.2 or newer
- MIDI Keyboard
Choose your prefered Platform: