Compression, Colour, Saturation
The 980 Spark is a plug-in unit that consists of three modules: Compressor, Colour and Saturator.
It was especially designed to help enrich and thicken audio content with a minimum of effort. It is a handy tool for sound design, as well as a sophisticated saturation unit.
All the controls were carefully designed with an ergonomic workflow in mind. It enables the user to quickly achieve the desired result, while retaining the versatility of the plug-in and allowing room for experimentation.
980 Spark is generally said to be better suited for production work, especially in electronic music but also in acoustic or live performances. Combining Compression, EQ and Saturation, the plug-in allows great control over the dynamic range and harmonic content of the sound.
The signal first runs through the "Compressor" module, then through the "Colour" module and finally into the "Saturator". This way, the first two stages ("Compressor" and "Colour") essentially define the dynamic and spectral characteristics of the sound that will then excite the Saturator, thus creating a unique spectrum of saturation capabilities.
- A compressor inspired by the analog envelope detection circuit.
- 6 carefully developed EQ curves.
- 6 selected and modified saturation algorithms.
- A combination of the three modules that creates a unique spectrum of saturation effects.
System Requirements & Compatibility :
iLok Requirements :
- iLok License Manager and iLok account required
- Activation on iLok Cloud or...
- iLok 2nd generation or higher
Supported Platforms :
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (64 bit)
- Any intel based MacOS, 10.7 to 11.6
Supported plug-in hosts :
- Pro Tools 11+, Logic Pro X, Cubase 5+, REAPER 5+, Ableton Live 9+, Studio
Supported plug-in formats :
- AAX (64-bit)
- VST 2 ; VST 3
Demo Download :
Go to the MIA Laboratories website and download a trial from the product page HERE
Download the Mac version of the trial HERE
Download the Windows version of the trial HERE