Analog Tape Saturation
The 413 Tape Saturator reproduces the non-linear characteristics that would result when over-driving analog tape, as magnetic saturation occurs with increasing amplitude of the 'recorded' signal. It offers 3 different types of Analog Tape, as well as 3 different types of distortion.
For the saturation process, the signal gets dynamically changed, especially high frequency information, in response to its amplitude. The resulting effect simulates the saturation of analog tape, in a controllable environment which can be adjusted according to your preference.
The user can choose among 3 different types of Analog Tape, each corresponding to the noise and saturation characteristics of 3 different well known tape brands.
3 distortion types are also available, enabling the user to produce the harmonic content/distortion one would get by over-driving certain Tube or Transistor circuits.
- Advanced Tape Saturation algorithm
- Tube, Transistor and Soft Clipping Distortion
- Real tape-hiss
- 'IEC on NAB' playback equalization mode
System Requirements & Compatibility :
iLok Requirements :
- iLok License Manager and iLok account required
- Activation on iLok Cloud or...
- iLok 2nd generation or higher
Supported Platforms :
- Windows 7 or higher (32 or 64 bit)
- Mac OSX 10.7 or higher
Supported plug-in hosts :
- Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, REAPER, Ableton Live, Studio One, FL Studio
Supported plug-in formats :
- AAX (64-bit)
- VST 3
Demo Download :
Go to the MIA Laboratories website and download a trial from the product page - HERE