The Snail is a very high-precision frequency-domain analyzer that delivers an intuitive representation of sounds based on the scales and notes aligned in spectrally active zones.
It is available as a Standalone application for Mac and Windows OS, and AAX, AU and VST3 plug-in.
This plug-in offers a new way of tuning and analyzing an instrument in an extremely accurate way. It displays the intonation and visualizes music and sounds in a way that can help anyone improve their listening and intonation!
The inner workings of Snail comprises of two modes and three different display views :
The Display Views:
- Music Mode - is the most suitable to view your music with, if for instance it contains complex polyphonic content.
- Tuner Mode - is the preferred to help tune an instrument as it increases the resolution of the analysis.
- Snail View - provides a representation of the fundamental frequencies and all related harmonics or overtones in real time.
Sound is displayed as 'blobs' along a spiralled view from the low frequencies in the center to higher frequencies (and their respective musical notes) up the spiral GUI.
- Zoomed Tuner View - displays the hexagonal shape which rotates and slows down as you zero down to green on the exact reference frequency.
This display is the closest view to a traditional tuner while being incredibly more precise.
- Sonogram View - offers a more standard representation of the sound spectrum over time (vertically), highlighting the prevailing frequencies.
This view provides more detail of the frequencies' energy for analysis.
- Sound source Waveform visualisation
- Simple intuitive interface
- Ultimate accuracy in tuning
- Different combinations of views available
- Audio player with waveform display to allow analysis of any song or sound
- Live input for tuning of external sources
- Tuner mode or Music mode
- Adjustable Tuning Reference pitch
- Transposing feature
- Display of phase relationships possible
- Hz information display
- User adjustable colour schemes
- Click and Tune
- Color graid option
- Show grid option
System Requirements and Compatibility :
- CPU: Intel or Silicon (ARM)
- Mac OS 10.10 or higher
- 2 GB RAM
- An AAX, AU or VST3 compatible host/DAW for plug-in use
- 64-bit only
- Windows 7 or higher
- 2 GB RAM
- An AAX or VST3 compatible host/DAW for plug-in use
- 64-bit only
Demo Download :
The Demo version of The Snail is a fully functional 15 day trial version without any limitations. Download directly from the bottom of the Product page and install the full ircamLAB "The Snail" software. Welcome to Absolute Tuning!