A Cutting-Edge Production Suite Plus
MPC 2 is designed to be the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative versatility alongside must-have tools that deliver unprecedented surgical control.
MPC 2 supports all 3rd Party Midi controllers with templates for all popular models. It has graduated from a highly acclaimed performance instrument to a fully featured DAW.
It now includes DrumSynth, the new synthesizer drum plugin for futuristic drum sound design. Enjoy the power to sculpt and shape unique synthesized drum sounds to build the drum library of your dreams and develop advanced rhythmic textures to lift your music production into an entirely new level of creativity.
In addition to DrumSynth, MPC features MIDI Multi capability - transforming MPC into the ultimate MIDI sequencing studio centerpiece. Now you can simultaneously connect and route all the MIDI gear in your studio including class compliant USB Keyboards, MIDI interfaces and USB to CV modules, supercharging your I/O capability. Fuse this with deep internal MIDI routing capability across tracks, comprehensive MIDI routing to any MIDI compatible synthesizer, drum machine or sound module, and even multitrack recording capability, and MPC forms the beating heart of any production setup, unleashing the true power of all your gear.
Incredible Sonic Tools:
Based in Germany, AIR Music Technology started as Wizoo Sound Design, one of the earliest pioneers in virtual instrument technology. The AIR team is responsible for the core of much of the effects offerings in Avid’s Pro Tools® software, and also developed a suite of award-winning virtual instruments specifically for Pro Tools. Leveraging this history of excellence, AIR’s has created four exclusive new instrument plugins for MPC, as well as including their highly acclaimed suite of FX plugins.
Introducing Audio Track Recording:
Outfitted with resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and much more, MPC 2 is designed to be the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative versatility alongside must-have tools that deliver unprecedented surgical control.
Realtime Time-Stretch and Pitch-shifting:
MPC 2 makes it easy to creatively manipulate the time and pitch of any source material: a chopped vocal in an audio track, a drum loop in a clip program or an orchestral phrase loaded into a chromatic sampler program.
- MPC Software
- 128 track production suite
- DAW integration
- Crossfade Looper
- Open ended supported for all MIDI controllers
- Real time stretch and pitch shift
- MIDI control and advanced editing functionalities
- 10 additional MPC expansion Packs
- AKAI's VIP 3.1 software
- AIR Music Technology's full AIEP 3 Complete plugin suite (Velvet, Transfuser, Hybrid 3, etc)
- AIR TubeSynth, AIR Bassline, AIR Electric, AIR HYPE Synthesizer, AIR Mellotron, AIR Solina, AIR Drumsynth, WayOutWare Odyssey
- 16 Classic AIR effects from Pro Tools
- 12 AIR plugins - AIR Vocal Insert Effects Suite, AIR Half Speed, AIR Stutter, AIR Diode Clipper, AIR Limiter, AKAI Sample Delay, AKAI Granulator specifically written for MPC
- Mother Ducker sidechain effect
- And much more
Additional Content :
This release includes MVP content, a collection of 5 MPC expansion packs from AKAI, and 3 exclusive AIR virtual instruments:
AIR Music Tech
TubeSynth emulates the sound of classic vintage analogue polysynths packaged with five integrated AIR effects, with all critical controls relayed in pristine detail via a custom GUI on MPC Live’s and MPC X’s radiant touch screen. Created by AIR Music Tech, TubeSynth is based on the same advanced analogue modelling technology found in their highly acclaimed desktop plugin synth Vacuum Pro, with a layout meticulously designed for maximum tweak-ability via the MPC Q-Links. The Tubesynth comes packaged with a comprehensive factory library of cutting edge presets including sumptuous pads, hard-hitting plucks, thunderous basses and screaming lead sounds.
The AIR Bassline emulates the sound of classic mono synths with a contemporary twist. Including four integrated AIR effects as well as two built-in distortion algorithms.
The AIR Electric emulates the sound of classic electric pianos. Dedicated Pickup, Envelope, Bell and Noise parameter sections provide a huge amount of flexibility to configure the timbre of the electric piano sound. Five AIR effects Tremolo, Tube distortion, Chorus, Delay and Spring Reverb. And, Over 80 presets.
Please see respective product pages for plug-ins, for their system requirements.
- MPC 2.10 Desktop Software is now compatible with macOS Big Sur. It runs on macs with Apple Silicon under Rosetta 2.
- MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live MKII, MPC One and MPC Studio Black are also now compatible with macOS Big Sur and M1 Macs.
- The MPC 2.10 desktop software includes MIDI maps for popular Ableton, Arturia, Korg, M-Audio and Native Instruments controllers.
- Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
- Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB+ for all content)
- Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended)
- Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU
You may download a 7-day trial version for Mac of the MPC software from the AKAI MPC Software Website.
And for PC, here.