Powerful, Simple to Use, Unique, Incredible Sounding Synth
Concept 2 is a powerful, yet simple to use synth plug-in, aimed at those who want to make unique and incredible sounds fast.
Concept 2 takes the award-winning Concept synth and supercharges it in exciting and creative ways, making it faster for users to find sounds, make them their own, and Concept 2 is even more satisfying. Krotos summarise this powerful plug-in as, "simply powerful, yet powerfully simple".
New Granular Oscillator
Sound design like never before with the new granular oscillator in Concept 2. Instead of using a fixed waveform, these oscillators use any audio file as a source, slicing them into tiny segments and opening up whole new worlds for sound designers. Massive pads, basses, drops & hits, dense atmospheres, even room tones and ambiences can be enlivened with ease in Concept 2. The granular oscillator is incredibly easy to use. Concept 2 ships with 300+ included audio files, or the user can simply drag and drop their own sounds into the engine, and use the new menu system to easily navigate through them. Users can now switch between or combine classic and granular oscillators, making it easier than ever to experiment and create complex new sounds.
Advanced Shape Modulator
Responding to user feedback, a new Advanced Shape modulator has been added to Concept 2. This goes way beyond traditional LFOs and Envelopes, allowing the user to design their own shapes with custom breakpoints and curves, to be used as an LFO or envelope to control any parameter in the plugin. Concept 2ís modulation system is semi- modular and you can combine the multiple instances of Advanced Shape with any other collection of modulators for one of the simplest, most powerful modulation workflows in the synth world.
A 'user folder' has been added to both menus in the granular oscillator and convolution reverb, users can browse and grab their favourite sounds from their own library quickly from within the plug-in at any time. The best optimisation techniques have been applied to Concept 2, making it leaner and more efficient than ever before. Reduced CPU offers more instances!
Presets. Lots of presets.
Concept 2 now includes over 700 presets, with a vast range for use in music, as well as cinematic / game audio projects. There are now dedicated preset categories for 'Cinematic', 'FX' and 'Ambiences' as well as classics like basses, pads, leads and keys.
Added and improved Impulse Responses
Krotos has massively expanded the range of Impulse Responses (IRs) for use in sound design - now over 160 IRs come with Concept 2. The user can also add their own easily by dragging and dropping them into the waveform view in the Convolution Reverb.
Who is Concept 2 For?
Anyone who wants a fast way to get great synth sounds without having to be a rocket scientist, but might want to go deep if they need to...
- Sound designers.
- Foley artists.
- Post production professionals.
Key Points :
- Power without complexity.
- Tons of new presets for both music makers and sound designers giving easy launch pads for creating new sounds.
- Users can go deep if they want to.
- Drag and drop modulation makes editing a breeze.
- Use your own samples as a sound source for new patch ideas.
- Use audio as a modulation source.
- Comprehensive effects engine gives users powerful 10 powerful effects like convolution reverb, delay, ring mod and filters. Use 3 at a time, even stack 3 filters!
- Granular oscillator
- Advanced shape modulator
- Over 700 presets. Including artist presets from Roni Size, Richard Devine and Kayla Painter
- Added and improved impulse responses
- Workflow improvements
- XY capture
- Audio Input
- Drag and drop modulation routing
- Three effects slots with 10 effects, including; convolution reverb, delay, flanger/chorus, filter, EQ, ring mod, limiter, transient shaper, and compressors
System Requirements & Compatibility :
- Formats (64-bit only): VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native
- Mac: Intel computer with a minimum of 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor, 4 GB of RAM, OS X 10.11 or later.
- Windows: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor, 4 GB of RAM, Windows 10 1909 and newer.
- This product does not use iLok
- This product comes with 2 activations
- This software is a digital download
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation
- Supported host applications: Ableton Live 10 and above,FL Studio 20.7.1 and above, Reason 10 and above, Pro Tools 11 and above, Logic Pro X, Nuendo 8.2.10 or above, Cubase 10 and above, Reaper, Studio One
- Audio Input is not supported on FL Studio or Studio One