Professional Audio Editor
DSP-Quattro is an extremely powerful Audio Editor/AudioCD Mastering Application with extended real-time and off-line support of AU/VST plug-ins for MacOS. It is a highly innovative product that utilizes the latest technological advances of computer-based audio editing. It benefits from more than 15 years of development and professional use in the audio production community.
Rebuilt from the bottom up to run on latest versions of MacOS, including version 11 Big Sur and Macs based on Apple Silicon CPUs, DSP-Quattro 5 stands on the foundation of its award-winning twenty-three year history, primed to carry on its tradition of excellence well into the future.
DSP-Quattro offers incredible possibilities. It is the complete tool for the most advanced graphical sample-based waveform editing. It comes with several professional built-in algorithms, like its state-of-art Linear Phase Sample Rate Converter, its outstanding Declicker for Audio Restoration, its High Quality digital effects, among which reverbs, modulated digital delays, analog filter simulators and parametric or graphic EQs, and much more. Moreover, DSP-Quattro expands it's capabilities exponentially as a host for third party Instrument and Effect AudioUnit and VST plug-ins.
DSP-Quattro is designed for the most discriminating professional users. However, because of its simple and intuitive interface, DSP-Quattro is also an ideal product for novices in the field seeking to discover the world of digital audio. It allows for professional results, it is simple to use, and with plug-in hosting capabilities, offers seemingly endless possibilities.
- It is a Universal Application, runs at full speed on Macs based on Apple Silicon and Intel CPUs as well.
- 64 Bits Audio and Graphic Engines.
- Multithread internal engine.
- Compiled using the last MacOS libraries, ready for next MacOS versions.
- A self-contained Project keeps safely all used audio files ready for future edits.
- 64 bits Audio Unit effect and instruments plug-ins fully supported.
- Extended audio file formats support, including long audio files.
- Compressed audio files import without requesting any user action.
- Internal mp3 encoding engine, no need to install any external library.
- iTunes Plus AAC export option from both the Audio Editor and AudioCD Layout.
- New X-Fade Looping Editor.
- New Time Stretching and Frequency Shifter phase-locked algorithms.
- It is possible to synchronize several Input Recorders as well as the Output Recorder.
- Easy and Advanced edit modes on the AudioCDLayout.
- DDP Import/Export and built-in audio CD-ROM burning engine, fully Redbook compliant.
- State-of-art Linear Phase Sample Rate Converter (SRC) algorithm with selectable quality options, applicable also on the PlayList export, for Audio CD-ROM burning and for BatchProcessing.
- High precision, standard Peak+RMS Meters for monitoring of audio levels.
- Advanced HD based High Speed polyphonic audio engine, to play any number of audio files forward and backward, at every speed, without loading them in RAM memory.
- Innovative Recording options, to record multiple inputs and outputs on HD in real time, also while playing Plug-in Instruments by MIDI and/or audio files.
- Multiple Aux output busses with separated effx chains.
- Support of multiple Audio File Editors, Audio Inputs, Input Recorders, virtual Instruments playing at the same time, each one having their own independent effects on insert. DSP-Quattro is easily configurable to be a Real time multi-effects unit, including Inputs to Outputs redirection.
- External audio devices are fully supported, to address multiple analog and digital inputs and outputs at the same time.
- Very unique Output Recorder module, to dump to audio file, in real time, what you are listening to.
- Internal built-in digital effects: Chorus, Digital Delay, Dual Digital Delay, Stereoizer, MultiTap Delay, Reverbs, Resonant analog LowPass, HighPass, BandPass filter simulations, BandReject filter, 4 Band full parametric EQ, 7 Band graphic mono and stereo EQ, applicable both as real time effects on audio insert, and as an off-line editing algorithm.
Audio File Import/Export
- State-of-art Linear Phase Sample Rate Converter (SRC) algorithm with selectable quality options, applicable also on the PlayList export, for AudioCD-ROM burning and for BatchProcessing.
- Import/export of most formats, as AIFF, WAVE, mp3, m4a, CAF, as well as raw binary files and dual L&R mono channels (and FLAC if running on MacOS HighSierra or newer).
- CD-Texts, ID3 Tags and iTunes Plus AAC
- Long audio file support to do editing without any limitation on audio file size
- Markers, Loop, Regions fully supported
- Edit at the same time how many audio files you want
- Unlimited Undo/Redo history on each audio file editor
- Up to 8:1 X-axis and unlimited Y-axis ZoomIn ratios
- Independent LR channel selection
- Drag&Drop support for fast import/export of audio file selections
- Cut editor
- X-Fade looping programmable graphic editor with real time graphical and audio preview
- Fade In, Fade Out graphic editors
Audio File Player
- Real time audio scrubbing
- Play forward and backward, a jog shuttle controls the playback ratio
- Audio Editor Channel strip with multiple Fx on insert
- Phase inverter option for each LR audio channels and Mono button for testing mono compatibility
- Immediate Cut, Copy, Paste
- Linear Phase Sample Rate Converter
- Phase locked Time Stretching and Frequency Shifter algorithms
- Analizer/Declicking algorithm by sample prediction
- Internal effects: Parametric and Graphical EQs, Resonant analog modelled Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch 12/24 dB filters, Reverb 1&2, Single, Dual and MultiTap Digital Delays, Chorus, Stereoizer.
- Audio Unit 64 plug-in hosting: any 64 bits AU plug-in installed on your MacOS can be used as edit function with the sample accuracy, latency compensation, even only on a waveform selection
- It is possible to render to audio file a serial chain of Fx, to choose among Internal Effects or AudioUnit plug-ins
- Dozens of other editing functions, including Normalize, NormalizeTo, ChangeGain, FadeIn/Out, Phase Invert, Reverse…
Audio CD Layout
- Internal Audio CD-ROM burning engine, fully rebook compliant
- Import/Export Audio CD-ROM images as DDP standard, including md5 checksum
- CD-Tracks Sheet print-out as PDF and TAB-Limited Text files
- Easy and Advanced edit modes to better meet your needs
- Non-destructive real time editing with immediate visual feedback
- Shifting an AudioRegion in time, next AudioRegions and CD-Tracks will follow. This is not possible using a multitrack sequencer
- Shifter, scissor, add CDTrack mouse pointer modes
- Fx chain on AudioCDLayout output to apply your effect to choose among internal effects or your favourite Audio Unit plug-ins
- Each Audio Region can have its own Fx chain on insert as well
- DSP-Quattro v5 hosts 64 bits AudioUnit Effects and Instruments plug-ins
- AU Effect plug-ins can loaded as real time effect (Fx) on insert on any DSP-Quattro internal audio source, as the Audio File Editor, AudioCD Layout, Input, Input Recorder, Virtual Instrument modules
- A serial chain of Fx, without any limitation on the number of Fx, can be used on whichever available insertion point
- Each AudioCD Layout Audio Region can have its own Fx chain on insert
- There is also a common AudioCD Layout Fx chain to apply the same effects on all the Audio Regions
- AudioCD Layout Fx are rendered to file when burning o exporting the AudioCD as audio file(s) and/or DDP image
- DSP-Quattro takes care of AU latency compensation to guarantee the perfect sample accuracy
- Instruments AU plug-ins can be used as real time Virtual Instruments controlled by MIDI for playing live
- DSP-Quattro Input module(s) allows to use the Mac as a real time Fx unit, which routes input signal to AU plug-ins and then to the audio outputs, in real time
- Using the Output Recorder, it is possible to make a recording of what one or more Virtual
- Instruments are playing live by MIDI. It is even possible to add Fx on insert
The Batch Processor
- There is a fully featured built-in Batch Processor, to apply a serial chain of fully programmable processing functions on a group of files by using one command only
- Also AU plug-ins, internal effects and the SRC processor can be used as processing functions for Batch Processing
- The Batch processor can be used to change the file formats of hundreds of audio files with only one mouse click. All supported audio file formats are available as format of the target audio files
- In DSP-Quattro v5 there is a Mixer section. On the Mixer there are several channel strips, one for each audio generator module of DSP-Quattro: the Audio File Editor, AudioCD Layout, Input(s), Input Recorder(s), Virtual Instrument(s)
- It is possible to load any number of different Inputs, Input Recorders and Virtual Instruments, to better meet your needs. Each module will have its own channel strip
- Each channel strip has its own serial chain of FX on insert. Fx can be chosen among any Internal Effects or AudioUnit plug-in installed on your system
- On Mixer output, there are a L&R main channel strip plus 4 AUX channel strips, each one having its own FX on insert and assignable outputs
- The L&R main channel strip and the 4 AUX channel strips can address different audio outputs of an external audio device connected to your mac
The Output Recorder
- Using the Output Recorder, it is possible to make a recording of what one or more Virtual Instruments are playing live by MIDI. It is even possible to add Fx on insert. And it is possible to do while using an Input Module as well
- The Output Recorder can also be used to create new audio files while playing one or more module of DSP-Quattro. It is incredible easy to create new sounds playing stacked Virtual Instruments and other audio files, while processing them by using AU plug-ins or internal effects in real time
Recommended System requirements
- DSP-Quattro v5 needs MacOS X 10.11 (El Captain) or newer to run.
- It needs 512 MBytes of free RAM to run and 50 Mbytes of free HD space to be installed.
- It runs on any Mac compatible with MacOS X 10.11. DSP-Quattro uses as much as possible all the hardware resources of your mac, as multicore CPUs and SSD HDs.
- DSP-Quattro fully supports CoreMIDI. (which is built-in into MacOS X)
- DSP-Quattro hosts AU (Audio Unit) and VST 2.4 Effect and Instrument plug-ins. Hardware audio interfaces are supported if compatible with CoreAudio, a built-in component of MacOS X. CoreAudio is also used to control any Macintosh built-in audio interface.
Please download the DEMO version of DSP-Quattro 5 and take the time to fully evaluate it prior to purchasing.