The Classic Vinyl Record Sound
DaD Vinyl simulates the legendary and sought-after sound of old records.
Not only does it imitate vinyls but it also simulates records made of other materials such as shellac resin (the so-called “78” by collectors).
With DaD Vinyl you can customize precisely the features of your virtual phonograph. These include : a detailed control of tone parameters, rumble, disc damage, overall quality, stereo image, and even independent control of pops and scratches. You will be able hear the dust, hiss and mechanical noise of the turntable.
You can even choose into which year you would like the recording to be made. Once the parameters set to your liking, this plug-in is as easy to use as placing a record on the turntable.
And if you would like to experiment with your sound, some of DaD Vinyl's modes allow for unusual tweaks. The possibilities are limitless.
With Dad Vinyl you can at last savour the experience of listening to your music with an "old record" sound that adds a soulful and nostalgic feel to it.
Main Features :
- Real old disc recording sounds, with its classic feel, within the digital domain and with characteristics and control impossible to achieve in electro-mechanical turntables.
- Simulation of the most common disc record sounds 33, 45, and 78 RPM. Vynil, shellac resin, etc, with a full range of physical parameter control.
- Independent control of Overall quality, Rumble, Damage, Stereo Image, FRequency, Pops and Scratches.
- A unique control of the year of the recording.
- Easy and intuitive user interface.
- Proprietary system based on physical modeling providing independent control over all physical parameters.
- High signal-to-noise ratio due to high-quality internal resolution.
- No iLok required.
- AU, AAX, VST, and VST 3 versions. Compatible with Mac OSX 10.12 or higher.
- Mac OSX 10.7 or higher ; Windows not supported
- Mac OS Big Sur compatible
- AAX format: Pro Tools 2021.6 with Big Sur M1 support under Rosetta 2
- DUY’s Audio Units, VST, and VST 3 plug-ins are not yet compatible with M1
- ProTools 12 and 64-bit systems supported
- A Generation 2 or 3 iLok dongle is required for authorization