Ryan Hewitt's pop-punk Mixing Tips and Tricks
This product is delivered as a permanent online STREAMING video. Only the Exercise files need to be downloaded.
Duration : 02h 59min
GET ALL PUREMIX VIDEOS AND MORE VIA MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS!
*Most Puremix videos also contain audio session files used in the tutorials for you to experiment with using your favourite DAW and plug-in effects.
We at DontCrack think these tutorials are the best available! Really clear videos that any professional or music recording enthusiast will find great new ideas on how to improve their recording and mixing skills.
Product Overview :
Learn how Grammy winner Ryan Hewitt mixes the pop-punk superstars Blink 182.
Building on the foundation and starting point from Ryan's Mixing Template Tutorial, in this tutorial Ryan walks you through his mixing process step by step revealing his techniques and workflow for creating a killer mix.
Ryan teaches his methods and thought process that goes into crafting punchy, clear and thick mixes that stays true to the bandís signature sonic attitude.
In this tutorial, youíll learn dozens of tips and tricks on:
- Tracking songs with the end result in mind and working with the loudest drummer in the world
- Bringing the details forward and creating louder and more exciting mixes
- Combining analog and digital processing with hardware inserts and analog summing
- Using stereo and group bus processing to make processing each individual track easier
- Trying out creative ideas and making decisions that drive mixes towards the finish line
- Creating space and size around vocals that make them sound larger than life
- Automating a mix to create moments and energy that is essential for a final mix
- Printing mixes for clients and for mastering within the same session
- Get inspired by seeing how a multi-platinum mixing engineer transforms raw tracks into a finished mix.
Learn from Ryanís attention to detail and focus on the sonic vision for the song and apply his tricks and tips to your mixes..