Super realistic brass section
Acousticsamples have successfully dealt with the challenge of using too many keyswitches for air flow control in a horn sample library.
Thanks to their recent work with a hybrid form of technology that blends samples and modeling, they were able to overcome the problem and make use of impeccable authentic sounding horns with a simple but yet powerful interface.
This new technology is called HAT (Harmonic Alignment Technology); it allows Acoustic Samples to accurately reproduce the variations in the timbre going from very soft to very loud playing.
The HAT technology is based upon the hybrid use of sound samples and modeling techniques, this allows V Horns to weigh approximately 90Mb per instrument (retina graphics and presets included). This product reproduces faithfully the real sound of live horn instrument with all of its imperfections but it also flaunts a continuous response range and incredible playability.
Acousticsamples are confident in saying that to their ears, and hopefully yours too, VHorns is the most realistic and easy-to-use VST available today.
- Proprietary HAT (Harmonic Alignment Technology)lets you play articulations yourself like a player
- multiple ways to control the vibrato: automatic, automatic depending on time, and completely manually
- Legatos behavior can be adjusted and even randomized for more life-like performances
- Adjust 4 different microphone positions so that you can get the exact sound you want
- The virtual space feature perfectly reproduces what a real recording of an ensemble would be using convolution
- Mutes are available as part of the sound
- Use a wind controller like an EWI, an Aerophone a Sylphyo or any other brand
- Load multiple instruments at the same time and it will play unisons exactly at the same time
Support & Compatibility :
This product comes with its own sample player, the UVI Workstation 3 (requires v3.0.0 or later). Free with every library that you buy, you don't need to buy an expensive sampler to use the product. It works on Mac (10.9 or later) and PC (Windows 8 or higher), in standalone or as a plug-in (VST / AU / AAX ) and in 64 bits only.
UVI Workstation v3.0.18 is required for the library to function properly, the VHorns will not work on windows XP, or OSX 10.6, it will not work either on a Receptor.
- Windows 8 or higher
- Core duo or faster
- 2 GB of RAM
- 64 bit Support
- Hard Drive: when using Streaming, faster drive will allow more voices to play, SSDs are the best choice (Solid State Drives).
- MAC OS X 10.9 or higher
- MacIntel processors
- 2 GB RAM
- 64 bit Support
- Hard Drive: when using Streaming, faster drive will allow more voices to play
The distributed library is 412Mb compressed in lossless flac format (180 for both Trumpets, 107 for both Flugelhorns and 122 for both trombones)
Copy Protection :
Acousticsamples use the iLok system to protect their products, and you can choose to register your license to your computer or to an iLok dongle.
If you decide to use an iLok dongle, generation 1, 2 and 3 are compatible with their products.
You can activate your license on up to 3 computers or iLok dongles at the same time and you can deactivate one and activate another as many times as you want.