Noise Reduction Plugins
Acon Digital Restoration Suite consists of four audio restoration and noise reduction plugins that are the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms:
DeNoise 2 is a plug-in designed to reduce noise such as hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise. The noise can be reduced automatically in the adaptive mode or after measuring the characteristics of the noise in the noise profile mode. New in version 2 are dynamic noise profiles that capture the dynamic properties of the noise so that noise that fluctuates over time, such as wind noise, can be effectively reduced. The new algorithm has also been greatly improved and is now even less prone to typical de-noising artifacts.
DeClick 2 is designed to remove impulsive noise such as clicks, crackle and thumps. These distortions are frequently encountered on LP and 78 RPM records, but also occur in digital recordings due to drop-outs or distorted data packets. DeClick 2’s thump reduction works also effectively on vocal recordings with unwanted plosives. The algorithm has been improved in version 2 and is now less prone to reducing attacks and transients in the wanted signal.
DeClip 2 restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping with an improved algorithm.
All four plug-ins have received major improvements both in the processing algorithms and the user interface compared to version 1. DeNoise 2 introduces the novel dynamic noise profiles that help reducing noise that varies randomly over time, such as wind noise or rustle from lavalier microphones. Where the earlier versions merely captured a static noise print with time-constant noise levels, the dynamic noise profiles capture statistics from the noise to be reduced. The noise suppression algorithm then estimates the most suitable noise threshold curve for the noisy input signal using the measured statistics.
DeNoise 2, DeClick 2 and DeHum 2 now support Mid/Side (M/S) processing, which can reduce unwanted fluctuations in the stereo image. The core algorithm in DeClick 2 received major improvements and now better preserves transients and can be pushed to higher click and crackle sensitivities without introducing artifacts.
DeHum 2 has a new automatic fine-tune button that triggers automatic estimation of the hum noise frequency. The hum tracking and suppression have also been improved. DeClip 2 was improved in terms of audio quality and now offers even more impressive reconstruction of clipped signal peaks. All the plug-ins in the suite now support surround and immersive audio formats up to 7.1.6 channels.
Acon Digital DeNoise 2
Acon Digital DeHum 2
- Advanced algorithms reduce stationary noise efficiently with minimal impact on the wanted material
- Reduces noise in adaptive mode or based on noise analysis.
- Novel dynamic noise profiles makes it possible to remove noise that changed rapidly over time
- Transient detection ensures that transients remain untouched throughout the noise reduction process
- Effective temporal smoothing reduces “musical noise” artifacts
- Optional M/S processing
- Target broadband and tonal noise or optionally broadband only
- Graphical representation of input frequency spectrum and the noise profile
- Frequency emphasis filter:
- High and low shelving filters with variable slopes (-3 to -96 dB / octave)
- High and low peak filters with adjustable bandwidth (0.1 to 3.0 octaves)
- Graphical representation of frequency response
- Editing of filter settings through handles in the frequency response curve
- Solo Noise mode allows you to listen to the removed signal
Acon Digital DeClick 2
- Remove hum and buzz with minimal loss of the wanted signal
- Novel sinusoidal re-synthesis algorithm (preserves wanted signal to a much larger extent) or conventional notch filter mode
- Adaptive mode allows removal of hum signals with a fluctuating fundamental frequency
- New automatic fine-tune button looks automatically scans the fundamental frequency
- Removes up to 96 harmonics
- Optional M/S processing
- Option to target only odd harmonics
- High resolution spectrum analysis of the input signal
- Visual indication of the estimated fundamental frequency as well as the harmonics
- Solo Hum mode allows you to listen to the removed signal
Acon Digital DeClip
- Seperate detection and restoration of clicks, crackle, thumps and plosives
- Very accurate detection of click start time and duration ensures minimal impact on the wanted material
- Improved algorithm allows higher sensitivities without artifacts
- CPU efficient algorithm
- Optional M/S processing
- Visual curve meters show the clicks and crackle removal rates
- Residual signal mode allows you to listen to the removed signal
- Reconstructs peaks distorted by analog or digital clipping
- Improved algorithm over version 1.x
- Separately adjustable upper and lower threshold values
- Optional upper and lower threshold lock simplifies the workflow in the case of symmetrical clipping
- Graphical representation of the input and output level histograms makes it easy to set the threshold values and monitor the restoration process visually
- Threshold values can be adjusted directly from the level histograms by dragging upper and lower threshold handles
System Requirements & compatibility :
- Available as VST, VST3 or AAX plug-ins on PC (Windows)
- Available as VST, VST3, AAX or AU plug-ins on Apple Macintosh (OS X)
- Native 32 bit or 64 bit versions of all plug-ins are available
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- Supports surround and immersive multi-channel audio up to 7.1.6 channels
Choose your prefered Platform: