Take command of your Aural Space
GRM Tools Spaces contains 4 effective multi channel plug-ins that let you take control of how your sound sources move through the sound field whether it is a simple stereo file, a Multichannel setup or a multi-speaker diffusion network. It gives you the control over where you want to locate your sound and/or where you want it to travel to.
GRM Tools Spaces is a powerful tool that enables the positioning and movement of a multichannel source (from 1 to 32 channels) in a multichannel space (from 2 (stereo) to 32 channels). It has a user friendly graphic interface showing the location and intensity of the sources as they move through the multichannel project.
Spaces also includes three other exciting modules that expand the possibilities of the positioning of your sources in a sound field, SpaceGrain, SpaceFilter and Spaces3D.
Spaces3D enables you to move around a source of multichannel sound (from 1 to 64 channels) in a multichannel space (from 1 to 64 channels) in three dimensions. The movement can be free, random, or can follow trajectories predetermined by the user.
SpaceGrain enables the generation of up to 100 'grains' and their placing in a multi-channel sound space.. This gives you 100 points where your sounds are randomly assigned from point to point. Each grain provides a mono site for the sources to be heard. The input channels (up to 8) are randomly allocated to the grains. You can add delay and feedback to create extremely creative effects.
SpaceFilter is used to spatialize the signal by using 4 independent frequency bands that you can set. The input signal spectrum is split into 4 independent bands where you choose the center frequency and the bandwidth to which you can apply delay and feedback. The output of each filter can be positioned individually in a multi-channel space (up to 32 channels can be used). You can separate different frequency elements of your source and make different resonances fly between speakers according to the tempo if you want. Your imagination is the only limit as to what you can make happen with Spacefilter.
SpaceMaster and SpaceVR Standalone Freeware :
SpaceMaster enables you to identify and calibrate different multichannel output channels (from 1 to 64) and to position the input channels in the output space.
SpaceMaster MAC Download
SpaceMaster WINDOWS Download
SpaceMaster Documentation Download
Developed in collaboration with 3D Sound Labs, SpaceVR generates a stereo binaural output from a multichannel input (from 1 to 64 channels) by using head-related transfer functions (HRTF) from 3D Sound Labs. The orientation and position of the listener can be modified.
SpaceVR MAC Download
SpaceVR WINDOWS Download
SpaceVR Documentation Download
Key Features :
- Elastic String: allows you to achieve smooth movements of controllers
- Interpolation and gradual transition from one preset to another
- Agitation feature: Adds random variations to the processing parameters
- Window resizing: The plug-in window can be resized by clicking and dragging
- Multi-format: AAX, VST, Audio Unit, RTAS plug-ins and Standalone application
- MIDI control for all parameters
- Multi-channel output
Starting with the 3.1 version an iLok is still required, but an iLok dongle is no required for authorization. With the iLok License Manager, you can deposit your license either on a 'computer' or on the 'iLok USB dongle', the choice is up to you. (iLok keys can be purchased from www.ilok.com or at your local dealer).
- An AAX, RTAS, VST, VST3, Audio Unit host application for plug-in use.
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher on Intel processor (32-bit) and (64-bit)
- Native M1 support will come as a separate, upcoming update
- Windows 7 and higher (32-bit) and (64-bit)
- multichannel file formats playback support: wav, mp3, caf, flac, ogg (standalone application)
- multichannel direct input support (standalone application)
Download and try The GRM Tools CLASSIC demo version without limitation of time. (No authorization required).
- Automation is disabled
- Save is disabled
- User presets are disabled
- A short noise occurs periodically
Available from the Downloads under'Demo Versions'.
NO AUTHORIZATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO RUN THE GRM DEMO VERSIONS !