Focus on your stereo field
DrMS is a unique spatial processor, available as AAX/AU/VST/VST3 plug-in, with a wide range of applications for mixing, mastering and post production - going from simple MS (Mid-Side) encoding/decoding, over stereo field width and depth enhancement, to fixing mono compatibility issues and more.
It can handle from simple MS (Mid-Side) encoding/decoding to increasing stereo field width and depth enhancement, it can also fix mono compatibility issues and much more.
Here is how Dylan '3D' Dresdow (Ice Cube, Missy Elliott, Wu-Tang Clan, Michael Jackson, Nas, Common, Chris Brown, Usher, Flo Rida and, of course, Black Eyed Peas) uses the DrMS on his mixes.
"One important effect I used on many of the synths was the DrMS spatial processor plug-in. It gives you three dimensional control over your audio, but different from any of the other plug-ins out there. You can place things wide outside of your speaker plane, and still have them mono compatible.
I don't mind if things disappear a little in mono, but I also didn't want that to happen to a degree that the music wouldn't make any sense any more. A lot of the feeds in nightclubs are mono, and the music in a lot of department stores is mono also. So the idea was to have a nice width when you're listening on a good system, but make sure it also still sounds good on a lesser sound system.
You can also mess with the two bottom parameters on the DrMS, Focus and Field, and get some very unique digital witchcraft that allows you to smudge up your audio so it either gets out of the way of other things, or brings it more into the foreground. The former was particularly helpful, because with a lot of synths I did not want to have too much focus on them, because you risk them getting in the way of more important parts, like the vocals.”
- Native AAX, AU, VST, VST3 - 32 & 64 bit plug-in for OSX & Windows (RTAS support available via older DrMS v4 using same iLok license).
- The new underlying framework ensures compatibility with the latest OS and DAW versions, now and in the future.
- Spatial audio processing - Zoom in, add Depth, change Width and more.
- Striking fresh new GUI with central phase scope and manual entering of parameter values.
- Mastering grade filters.
- Resonant HPF, LPF and Delay on each of the four processing sections.
- Feedback circuit for reverb creation and special effects.
- Full mono compatibility.
- Built in preset management system - exchange presets between hosts and platforms.
- Presets to help you get started - real world presets designed by Dylan '3D' Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Prince) and Emre Ramazanoglu (Shakira, Duffy, Alexander McQueen).
- Autogain circuit for easy level matched A/B comparision.
- Using iLok2 (or higher) USB dongle for easy authorisation.
Software Licence Requirements
In order to use the software an iLok.com user account is required, and an "iLok2" USB Smart Key.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 all in both 32 and 64 bits.
Mac OS X (Intel) 10.6.8 and above in both 32 and 64 bits.