Vintage Optical compressor with Tube Saturation
Bernie Torelli (dearly departed Founder of Nomad Factory and old-time retail partner of DontCrack) introduces, Bus Driver.
When we first decided to do the Bus Driver giveaway to thank everyone, we thought we would stop it after a month or 25,000 units whichever came first. We gave away twice that number as of March, and had great success reaching out to the audio community. As we now approach a amazing total of 60,000 units, we say again a huge thank you! You made it great success.
We are now selling Bus Driver at a no-brainer price. Please continue your support, we love that you’re enjoying these superb Nomad Factory products.
We will smartly invest every single dollar in R&D. Thank you for your support and involvement!
About Bus Driver
Bus Driver is an optical compressor that provides a wide range of compression effects, reminiscent of the best vintage compressors made in the ‘60s.
Compression is one of those studio processes that is all too often taken for granted and not usually used to its full potential. Today’s producers think nothing of inserting compressors on every single channel of their DAW when mixing, but old school engineers had to learn to make the most of only a few units of compression and this made them learn them inside out to use them to their best advantage. Bus Driver is modelled on the classics from the 'golden age' of tube compressors.
Also included in Bus Driver is a Tube-Driver Saturation feature. It allows you to add the sound of a vintage tube amplifier giving you the differing electronic characteristics of triode, tetrode, and pentode vacuum tubes. So you can add the vintage warmth of the those models of the classic tubes (e.g. ECC83, 12AX7, etc..) to your tracks, or on your mix bus!
Nomad Factory have designed an Output Stage Soft-Clipping to eliminate digital clipping at any output level and produce a smoother distortion characteristic. This feature is in addition to the Tube-Driver Saturation Modeling included in Bus Driver.
Hopefully you will be using every day and that it will accomplish the goal of saying 'Thank You' for the heart-warming support you showed for Bernie during the time when he really needed it.
- Usable on individual tracks or complete mixes
- Full control of input levels '+/- 12dB' (sets level for Compression)
- Full control of output levels '+/- 12dB' (post Compression gain)
- Tube-Driver Saturation Modeling
- Compression Ratios from 2:1 to infinite ('Brickwall Limiter')
- Control over Compression amount
- Preset management (inc. Presets by acclaimed Engineer, Ashley Smith)
System Requirements & Compatibility :
Apple Minimum Requirements :
- Macintosh Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon
- RAM 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Mac OS 10.8.5 or above (10.9 or above recommended under official support remit)
- Mac 'PPC' are not supported
Apple Compatibility :
- AAX Native, AudioUnit, and VST plug-ins
- 32-bit and 64-bit are supported
- You can authorize our software on up to 3 computers with a simple one-click authorization procedure (no dongle key required)
Windows Minimum Requirements :
- Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon
- RAM 2 GB : (4 GB recommended)
- Windows 7 with SP1 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit (latest update)
Windows Compatibility :
- AAX Native, VST
- 32-bit and 64-bit are supported
- You can authorize this software on up to 3 computers with a simple one-click authorization procedure (no dongle key required)
Download the Demo and take Bus Driver out for a test drive, and let your creativity burn up the track.
Demo Limitations :
- 240 hours working trial period
- Activation screen appears randomly on a per instance basis
- Audio processing is disabled while the activation screen is open
- Other than the above the plug-in is fully functional, saving and loading sessions and presets work
Disclaimer : Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within this document are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are not affiliated with Plugivery INC, our products, or our website. Similar names only serve as a reference.