Four Band Retro EQ
The 4020 Retro EQ is a four-band EQ and complimentary filter set that includes support for all Native formats. The HF and LF bands are shelving EQ, with two additional parametric EQs at the HMF and LMF bands. All EQ bands operate on a unique gain dependent variable slope/Q system for a vintage smooth sound and increased boost/cut frequency selectivity high gains.
The HPF and LPF filters use a unique split-octave design giving a 12 dB/Oct slope near the selected frequency, and a maximum slope of 24 dB/Oct.
All Retro plug-ins use a McDSP designed output stage topology to eliminate digital clipping at any output level and produce a smoother distortion characteristic. This feature is in addition to the analog saturation modeling that has made McDSP famous over the last decade.
Retro plug-ins are a line of 'classics' that can live up to their own name without emulating something else.
McDSP's latest generation plug-in:
McDSP's v7 release brings tons of new and exciting features to their entire line of software products, along with amazing high-definition user interfaces. For over two decades their award-winning double precision, zero latency algorithms have stood out from the crowd, and v7 continues this legacy, adding 1500+ additional presets and two activations per license or subscription. All McDSP v7 plug-ins are also optimized for Apple silicon and the latest Intel processors.
Key Features of V7:
- Optimization for Apple Silicon and Latest Intel Processors
- Two activations per license / subscription
- High definition updated user interfaces
- New features in select products (listed below)
- Over 1500 additional presets
- Zero Latency Algorhithms
- Double Precision Processing
- Unique original algorithms with transparent yet vintage sound
- Mix control
- Side chain support
- Anti-Clip Output Stage Topology
- Analog Saturation modeling
- Double precision processing
- Ultra low latency
- Mono and stereo versions
System Requirements and Compatibility:
McDSP plug-ins require an iLok2 or iLok3 USB Smart Key, or an iLok License Manager account and an iLok Cloud session for authorization. Each McDSP v7 plug-in contains two activations per authorization.
- McDSP HD and Native plug-ins are compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, FL Studio, Ableton Live, LUNA, Reaper, Sonar, Studio One, and other DAWs that support AAX, AU, and/or VST3 plug-in formats.
- Note as of v7.0, VST is no longer supported. VST versions of v6 McDSP plug-ins will no longer be updated, and will be uninstalled.
- Supports: AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, and VST3.
- Mac: Mac OS 10.13.x - Mac OS 12.x ; Mac OS version 10.12.x (Sierra) and earlier Mac OS versions may work, but are not officially supported ; McDSP plug-ins run natively on Intel and Apple silicon processors.
- PC: Window 10.
PLEASE NOTE: Demos will operate for 14 days from first use.
Requires an iLok account.
Download the demo of 4020 Retro EQ Native.