The Emmy Award Winning SA-2 Dialog Processor.
Dialog. The focal point of any movie, television show, documentary, or for that matter, any creative media production involving the spoken word. Add to the mix a sweeping musical score, dozens of foley effects, and plenty more Ė and it becomes clear the job of dialog mixing is a tall order. After all, if you canít hear what the actors are saying, why watch it at all!!
The SA-2 Dialog Processor is based on hardware originally conceived by Academy Award winning re-recording mixer Mike Minkler and used on over 100 major motion pictures. The SA-2 is designed to improve the overall sound of recorded speech. But the SA-2 is not just for dialog. It's equally useful for vocals, and is a great tool for adjusting the timbre of any track, a reliable de-esser, and a fine multi-frequency compressor, in our completely biased opinion.
McDSP's latest generation plug-in:
McDSP's v7 release brings tons of new and exciting features to our entire line of software products, along with amazing high-definition user interfaces. For over two decades their award-winning double precision, zero latency algorithms have stood out from the crowd, and v7 continues this legacy, adding 1500+ additional presets and two activations per license or subscription. All McDSP v7 plug-ins are also optimized for Apple silicon and the latest Intel processors.
Key Features of V7:
- Optimization for Apple Silicon and Latest Intel Processors
- Two activations per license / subscription
- High definition updated user interfaces
- New features in select products (listed below)
- Over 1500 additional presets
- Zero Latency Algorhithms
- Double Precision Processing
- New Frequency Shift Control
- New Range and Monitor control
- Five independent bands of strategic active equalization
- Multiple process modes for a variety of applications
- Unique signal reduction metering
- Double precision processing
- Ultra low latency
- Mono and stereo versions
System Requirements and Compatibility:
McDSP plug-ins require an iLok2 or iLok3 USB Smart Key, or an iLok License Manager account and an iLok Cloud session for authorization. Each McDSP v7 plug-in contains two activations per authorization.
- McDSP HD and Native plug-ins are compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, FL Studio, Ableton Live, LUNA, Reaper, Sonar, Studio One, and other DAWs that support AAX, AU, and/or VST3 plug-in formats.
- Note as of v7.0, VST is no longer supported. VST versions of v6 McDSP plug-ins will no longer be updated, and will be uninstalled.
- Supports: AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, and VST3.
- Mac: Mac OS 10.13.x - Mac OS 12.x ; Mac OS version 10.12.x (Sierra) and earlier Mac OS versions may work, but are not officially supported ; McDSP plug-ins run natively on Intel and Apple silicon processors.
- PC: Window 10.
PLEASE NOTE: Demos will operate for 14 days from first use.
Requires an iLok account.
Download the demo of SA-2 Dialog Processor.