The ultimate compressor
Compression reinvented for easier and faster workflow
MTurboComp obviously speeds up the workflow tremendously by providing access to so many classic compressors in a single click. But it doesn't stop there. Compressors are one of the most overused tools of any audio engineer, yet they are still based on designs and controls decades old, making them so hard to use. How about controlling the amount of compression? Such a basic task, yet almost impossible without changing output level making any decisions almost impossible..
So Melda took the liberty to set a new standard. All of the compressors MTurboComp emulates have almost the same GUI, so that you always know what to do. They do have the controls the originals did, but they have far more than that: Compression to control amount of compression with minimum changes to output level, Saturation to get additional character, Dry/wet control for parallel compression, and finall, side-chain input, detector high-pass, low-pass and a peak filters, so that you can easily tune the compressor to your audio material. The classic Melda goodies such as automatic gain compensation, safety limiter, mid/side processing and A-H snapshots are included of course.
Emulations designed by machine learning
Developers usually simulate the vintage compressors by analyzing the circuits and test signals. That way it takes a long time to emulate a single compressor and it is prone to all kinds of errors. We took a very different approach - we designed a dynamics processor so versatile, that it could simulate almost anything. And we definitely didn't dare to set it up manually afterwards - we let the computers do that for us!
It took the computers a long time and didn't spare Melda days of listening tests and manual work, but it still got Melda to a great emulation of more than a dozen classic compressors in a record time :). They don't sound exactly the same, after all not even the originals don't sound exactly the same to one another. But maybe MTurboComp sounds better then the originals. Just try and listen for yourself.
Key Features :
- The most advanced user interface on the market, stylable, resizable, GPU accelerated
- Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing...
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC)
- Safety limiter
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn
- 64bit processing and an unlimited sampling rate
- Extremely fast, optimized for newest AVX2 and AVX512 capable processors
- Global preset management and online preset exchange
- Supports VST, VST3, AU and AAX interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32bit and 64bit
- No dongle nor internet access is required for activation
- Free for life updates
System Requirements & Compatibility :
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- VST / VST3 / AAX compatible host (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support
* Always use 32-bit plugins in 32-bit hosts, or 64-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts!
64-bit plugins can't work in 32-bit hosts even if the operating system is 64-bit. Do NOT use 32-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts. They would have to be bridged and can become slow and unstable. Please check your product PDF documentation (available directly from its web page) for more information and installation instructions.
MAC OS X
- Mac OS X (10.7 and newer, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- VST / VST3 / AU / AAX compatible host (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support
Please check your product PDF documentation (available directly from its web page) for more information and installation instructions.
AU note: in some hosts, the GUI is not shown for the first time, if so, then please just restart the host.
Linux is not directly supported, but it is apparently possible to run the plugins via Wine. Before installing you have to make sure that your ".wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts/" directory is populated with Microsoft True Type Fonts (which is generally available as a package on Linux distributions).
Demo Version :
Download Demo Versions of all Melda Production Products Here
Choose your prefered Platform: