Sound design tools
GRM Tools Classic is an unescapable bundle of eight audio plug-ins that offers powerful audio processing and creative sound design features.
From subtle audio corrections to the most creative sound effects, GRM Tools classic have been used by renowned artists and sound designers around the world.
Conceived and crafted by the Groupe de Recherches Musicales (Musical Research Group) of the National Audiovisual Institute, Paris, France, GRM Tools is the result of numerous years of research and development by composers and sound designers in sound transformation software.
As all new GRM Tools (third generation), Classic is available in RTAS, VST and Audio Unit formats and can also be used in Stand-Alone mode.
GRM Tools Classic contains:
- Comb Filters: five high-Q in-parallel comb filters
- Delays: Up to 128 delays with modulation
- Doppler: Move sounds with changes in pitch that correspond to their movement
- Band Pass: Band pass or band reject filter with exceptionally steep slopes
- Freeze: Temporal freeze made of loops
- Shuffling: Temporal shuffling of sound fragments
- Pitch Accum: Two independent transposers, with delays and modulation
- Reson: up to 128 resonating high-pass, low-pass or band-pass filters
What's new in version 3 ?
- Agitation feature: Adds random variations to the processing parameters.
- Window resizing: The plug-in window can be resized by clicking and dragging.
- Multi-format: VST, Audio Unit, RTAS plug-ins and Standalone application.
- MIDI control for all parameters.
- Multichannel output for Delays, Doppler, Reson and Shuffling.
- up to 24 seconds looping and 128 simultaneous loops for Freeze.
Starting with the 3.1 version an iLok is still required, but an iLok dongle is no required for authorization. With the iLok License Manager, you can deposit your license either on a 'computer' or on the 'iLok USB dongle', the choice is up to you. (iLok keys can be purchased from www.ilok.com or at your local dealer).
- An AAX, RTAS, VST, VST3, Audio Unit host application for plug-in use.
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher on Intel processor (32-bit) and (64-bit)
- Native M1 support will come as a separate, upcoming update
- Windows 7 and higher (32-bit) and (64-bit)
- multichannel file formats playback support: wav, mp3, caf, flac, ogg (standalone application)
- multichannel direct input support (standalone application)
Download and try The GRM Tools CLASSIC demo version without limitation of time. (No authorization required).
- Automation is disabled
- Save is disabled
- User presets are disabled
- A short noise occurs periodically
Available from the Downloads under'Demo Versions'.
NO AUTHORIZATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO RUN THE GRM DEMO VERSIONS !