Mastering for Today's Digital Music Services
This is a special upgrade for owners of the original MasterCheck to obtain the MasterCheck.
MasterCheck is the complete optimisation solution for today’s delivery services, a plug-in providing the tools to make sure your music reaches the listener as intended. Streaming apps, download stores and podcasts all use data compression, loudness normalisation or both. These processes can affect your track in undesirable ways: your loud, punchy mix could end up quiet and flat, or suffer clipping and distortion.
This plug-in reveals these problems ahead of time, and enables you to deliver masters perfectly tuned for specific playout systems.
It demonstrates the effects of loudness normalisation so you can find the sweet spot between perceived loudness and dynamics, and allows you to hear artefacts introduced by the encoding process ahead of time. You can quickly find the point where these processes will start to negatively impact the music, putting you back in control.
- Measuring integrated loudness
- Monitoring PLR and PSR to avoid over-compression
- Identifying codec distortion, and tweaking to compensate
- A/B referencing at matched loudness
- Preparing mix dynamics for mastering
- Mastering for digital music services
- Measuring dynamic content
- Avoiding downstream clipping
- Auditioning loudness matched FX chains
- Mastering for podcasts and digital radio
- Simultaneous metering of reference track with mix
- Reference monitoring (A/B)
- Loudness matching
- A/B Pre/Post Mix Master FX with matched loudness
Minimum System Specification
- Mac OSX 10.9 or above (not yet compatible with macOS Big Sur / Monterey), 521 MB RAM
- Windows (64 bit) Vista or above, 512 MB RAM
Download Mastercheck demo version