Main Mix Compressor
925 Compressor MkII is the second generation of their preferred main-mix compressor.
It is designed using physical modelling principles, based around the classic ‘feed-back’ topology in hardware circuit-design.
The sidechain detection stage is based on the basic analog envelope detector circuit.
Key design features include:
- The Variable knee response allowing more compression to be applied, especially on high-transient sounds like percussion, samples, vocals etc. In this version, we are introducing the Slope / Ratio mode selection, which significantly changes 925’s compression curve, resulting in completely different character and dynamic response.
- The specially developed ‘Damping’ control is also introduced in 925 MkII, which allows for smoothing and fine-tuning the detector’s response. It adds to the versatility of this tool and provides the user with a greater control and shaping of the signal’s envelope.
The 29 carefully tuned presets provide a solid starting point for a variety of uses. A host of new features has also been included in MkII, including Sidechain Filtering, Band Compression and Dry/Wet control, they add to the versatility of this plugin.
New in the Version MK2
- Support for the VST3 format
- Improved cpu performance
- Slope/Ratio selection
- Damping control
- Sidechain Filtering
- Band Compression
- Dry/Wet control
- New extendable GUI
- Stereo Link Operation :
In “Stereo Link” mode the same amount of compression is applied to both L/R channels, based on the sum of the two.
With Stereo Link disabled, compression takes place independently for each channel, whilst retaining common controls for both.
- External Sidechain :
Use any other channel of your mix as an input to the side-chain of MIA 925 Compressor, or to process the sidechain signal independently of the program material. Note we have not included any filtering process to the sidechain path in order to provide flexibility in the eq or filters used externally.
- Output Level / Gain Reduction Meters :
Very fast and detailed display, to give you an accurate and clear perception of the compression process.
- 29 MIA Presets :
29 carefully designed MIA Presets, to achieve quick and balanced results, or to act as a perfect kick start towards your desired result.
System Requirements & Compatibility :
iLok Requirements :
- iLok License Manager and iLok account required
- Activation on iLok Cloud or...
- iLok 2nd generation or higher
Supported Platforms :
- Windows 7, 8, 10 (64 bit)
- Any intel based MacOS, 10.7 to 11.6
Supported plug-in hosts :
- Pro Tools 11+, Logic Pro X, Cubase 5+, REAPER 5+, Ableton Live 9+, Studio One, FL Studio
Supported plug-in formats :
- AAX (64-bit)
- VST 2
- VST 3
Demo Download :
Go to the MIA Laboratories website and download a trial from the product page HERE
Download the Mac version of the trial HERE
Download the Windows version of the trial HERE