Three Legendary Instruments in One Bundle
Xpand!2 is a multitimbral workstation offering four active sound slots, or parts, per patch. Each part is provided with its own MIDI channel, Note Range (Zone), Mix, Arpeggiation, Modulation, and Effects settings—an excellent method for creating individual parts. Harnessing the four parts together to build one amazing Patch is where Xpand!2 reveals its true power. The Voice Mode for each part can be set to polyphonic or monophonic. Polyphonic parts can have up to 64 voices; monophonic parts offer First, Last, Highest, or Lowest priority making it easy to designate a bass, lead, or solo instrument.
Using everything from wavetables and FM synthesis to sample playback, the expert sound design team at Air Music Tech has carefully created thousands of ready-to-play Xpand!2 patches. Creating your own is easy, too. Parts can be quickly browsed and are conveniently sorted into 29 categories, offering a simple path to find just what you’re looking for.
DB-33 Tonewheel Organ is a true emulation of one of the very few truly unique instrumental sounds in the world of music. Sounds so distinct, so compelling, so immediately identifiable and genuine that you just have to have it. Nothing else will do. "Close" won’t do. "Almost" won’t cut it. "Approximately" will instantly brand you as a shallow imposter.
One of these really great, unmistakable instrumental sounds is the tonewheel organ, such as the classic Hammond B3. The Hammond B3 was used by many great rock, soul and jazz artists in the 1960’s to 1980’s. Unforgettable musicians like Stevie Winwood, Jon Lord of Deep Purple, Jimmy Smith and Richard "Groove" Holmes.
Vacuum Classic lets you dive deep into subtractive synthesis to recreate those sought-after analog sounds from the 70s and 80s. Tweak the switches, knobs and dials to program anything from basses, leads, pads or unique sound effects. Vacuum gives you two Vacuum Tube Oscillators. A nice touch with the four available wave shapes is that rather than just picking one, Vacuum lets you 'morph' between them. The output of the oscillators goes through a mixer, where you can apply drive/distortion and ring modulation, before being passed through high- and lowpass filters.
Xpand!2's new features :
- Four-channel multitimbral operation
- Up to four stereo instrument parts per patch
- Up to 64 voices per part; Mono or Poly voice modes
- Smart Knobs provide intuitive sound editing
- Easy Edit Knobs control the entire patch at once
- Two digital effects processors; 50 editable effect types
- Individual arpeggiation control for each part
- Multiple sound generation engines : Subtractive Synthesis, FM Synthesis, Tonewheels, Sample Playback
- 2500+ total presets and parts in the following categories : Soft Pads,Bright Pads, Huge Pads, Action Pads, Ambience and FX, Polysynths, Synth Brass, Percussive, Simple Arpeggios, Multitrack Arpeggios, Soft Leads, Hard Leads, Acoustic Piano, E-Pianos and Clavinet, Organs, Strings, Vocals, Brass and Woodwinds, Mallets, etc...
Vacuum Classic :
- AIR-proprietary vintage organ model
- Custom designed, extra-realistic convolution rotary cabinet, also usable as a stand-alone effect
- Tube overdrive emulation
- Includes over 120 presets
- Filters allowing control over saturation allowing a smooth or aggressive sound (the Age Knob)
- Age function providing Drift and Dust controls
- Many modulation options with two envelopes
- A slick vintage synth-styled interface
- Compatible with AU and VST only. (AAX version available in AIR Creative Collection sold seperately)
- PC: Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.8.5 - Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur(Xpand!2); Mac OS X 10.8.5-10.14 (DB-33); Mac OS X 10.10- Mac OS 11.1 Big Sur (Vacuum Classic); Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Minimum RAM 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- Internet Access (Download and Authorization)
- iLok authorisation required, iLok hardware dongle optional