Classic Flanging for a Modern Mix
The Instant Flanger Mk II brings the great sound of vintage tape flanging to your plug-in toolbox. An authentic emulation of the original 1975 studio rackmount, the Instant Flanger was famously used on David Bowie’s "Ashes to Ashes" and Cyndi Lauper’s "Time After Time." A truly versatile tool, engineers and producers have used it for stereo sweetening, subtle modulations, double tracking, and extreme flanging effects.
Spread the Sound Around with Pseudo Stereo
Turn flat mono guitars into huge stereo leads or have your single channel synthesizer fill out the sides of your mix with pseudo stereo. The Instant Flanger Mk II has dual outputs that create three different sonic images - "Shallow", "Deep", and "Wide". Combining “Wide” Mode with the "Low Cut" control is an easy way to place multiple harmonies behind the lead. Fine-tune the resonance of your flanging effect by using the "Depth" and "Feedback" controls.
True End-to-end Emulation
Tape machines use servo motors to run at constant speed and when an engineer pressed a thumb on the flange and then suddenly let go, the capstan motor servo reacts - overshooting and undershooting as it seeks to recover proper speed. In other words, it 'bounces'. The Instant Flanger convincingly mimicked this behavior with its innovative "Bounce" control knob. Use this feature to add a real world groove to your tracks.
- Depth controls the intensity of the effect. Add or subtract the dry signal from the delayed signal
- Three distinct flavors of flanging. Set the Mode switch for Shallow, Deep or Wide
- Manual control allows you to control the 'comb' effect by turning the Big Knob
- Oscillator drives the flanging at a user defined rate
- Envelope Follower drives the flanging based on the signal's amplitude
- Remote maps the flanging control to a mod wheel for tactile manipulation
- Bounce mimics the distinctive effect of the tape machine’s capstan motor "hunting" for its proper speed when the engineer's thumb was lifted from the tape reel flange
- "Side Chain" allows for triggering the Envelope Follower from any source in the mix for inter-track mingling
- Exercise total control of the Oscillator with Sync and Retrig
- Tame the intensity by removing low frequencies from the flanged signal with the Low Cut control
Compatibility and Downloads
Eventide uses PACE’s ilok.com licensing system, with or without and iLok hard- ware dongle, to license their plug-in products. Each license provides two activations which can reside on either your computer or on an iLok license dongle.
- AAX format requires Pro Tools 10.3.7 or higher and Windows 7+
- VST format requires any VST host and Windows 7+
- AAX format requires Pro Tools 10.3.7 or higher and Mac OS X 10.7+
- Audio Unit format requires any Audio Unit host and Mac OS X 10.7+
- VST format requires any VST host and Mac OS X 10.7+
Request A 30 Day Demo Here