3-D Virtual Acoustics
With Panorama 5 you can create stunning 3-D effects over conventional stereo headphones and speakers. Features sophisticated HRTF, crosstalk cancelling and room modeling DSP technology.
Panorama is a specialized tool for creating stunningly realistic 3-D audio scenes using regular stereo sound. The DSP technology in Panorama reproduces psychoacoustic sound localization and distance cues, allowing you to pan sounds in three dimensions: not just left and right, but up, down, front, back, near, and far. Panorama combines 3-D audio panning with acoustic environment modeling, including wall reflections, reverberation, distance modeling, and the Doppler pitch effect. While primarily intended for headphone listening, Panorama also includes a crosstalk canceller for playback over conventional stereo loudspeakers.
Feature highlights :
- Position and move sound in three dimensions
- Uses Head-Related Transfer Functions (HRTF) to reproduce binaural sound localization cues.
- Integrated reverberation and distance cues
- Extensive control over dimensions and surface material of all six surfaces of the room
- Doppler pitch effect
- Full automation support for creating moving sounds
- Crosstalk canceller for loudspeaker playback
- NEW- Stunning new visual interface design
- NEW- Preset control for each section
- Up to 96K support
- Create realistic sound scenes
- Make special 3-D and moving sound effects in conventional stereo productions
- Unique mixing tool - position musical instruments in a virtual space
- Podcasting production - Add an amazing sense of 3-D space to podcast audio
- Essential tool for headphone audio production
- OS X 10.11 and higher.
- A host program that supports the AU, VST3, AAX Native plug-in architecture.
- AAX requires Pro Tools 11 and higher
- 32-bit hosts not supported
- Windows 7/8/10
- A host program that supports the VST3 or AAX Native plug-in architecture.
- 32-bit and 64-bit hosts supported
Sound examples :
Demos labeled “headphones” should be listened to over headphones; demos labels “speakers” should be listened to over stereo loudspeakers.
A helicopter circling around the head is a classic 3-D sound example, reproduced here using Panorama:
Helicopter Circling (headphones)
Helicopter Circling (speakers)
Now the helicopter moves up and down :
Helicopter UpDown (headphones)
The following example has the helicopter flying all around in different directions, demonstrating the Doppler and distance effects:
Helicopter Fly Around (headphones)
Helicopter Fly Around (speakers)
The following is a simple battlefield scene. A machine gun is heard on the left, bullets fly by to the right and ricochet, then a shell falls from top right to left resulting in an explosion to the front left. A conventional stereo mix of the same scene is provided for comparison.
The following demonstration uses Panorama as a spatial music mixer. Notice how the Panorama processed sound is more “open”.
Simple Rock Demo Mix (stereo)
Simple Rock Demo Mix (headphones) - Panorama on each track
Simple Rock Demo Mix (speakers) - Panorama on each track
All Wave Arts plug-ins operate as 30-day fully functional demos until authorized.
Download Panorama demo version
Choose your prefered Platform: